The Diocesan Hospitalité holds an Annual Mass followed immediately by its Annual General Meeting.
For 2019 we’re doing something slightly different. We will be going to Morpeth, to St Robert of Newminster Church and joining the local parish for their Sunday 11am Mass. This will be followed by a picnic lunch in the church grounds. The AGM will be held after the picnic lunch and the afternoon will conclude with the Rosary at the Grotto of Our Lady at St Robert’s and a Procession around their grounds.
The Mass is a great opportunity for all members of the Hospitalité to come together in prayer, to worship together and pray for the work of the Hospitalité, to pray for all other members and to pray for all pilgrimages to Lourdes.
If you are a member of the Hospitalité, please try to make sure that you get to the Mass every year; it is a great witness to people to see all members of the Hospitalité coming together to this special celebration.
The Mass is usually celebrated in a different church of the diocese each year. The venue and date of the Mass will be announced here.
Straight after the Mass, there is a cup of tea or coffee and then follows the Annual General Meeting of the Hospitalité.
The AGM hears reports from the Secretary of the Hospitalité on the year’s Hospitalité Council Business, the President of Hospitalité and the Senior Nurse. Elections to the Council are also held at this meeting.
The Constitution of the Hospitalité states the following about the AGM:
- 13.2 The AGM will take place between 1st April and 30th June. The period between one AGM and the next will not exceed fifteen months.
- 13.3 The AGM will take place at a location, within the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle, as agreed by the Council.
- 13.4 Members will be given a minimum of twenty-one days notice of the AGM. This notice will give details of the time and place of the AGM, invite nominations for the council and invite members to submit items for the agenda.
- 13.5 The AGM will normally be proceeded by the celebration of Holy Mass which will include the opportunities for new and existing members to make / renew their commitment to the Hospitalité.
- 13.6 The agenda for the AGM will include the following standing items:
· Pilgrimage Director’s report on the Pilgrimage to Lourdes;
· Report from the President of the Diocesan Hospitalité
· Report from the Nursing Officer and President;
· Secretary’s report on activities of the Hospitalité in the previous year;
· Treasurer’s report and presentation of accounts; and
· Elections to the Council
- 13.7 The agenda for the AGM will include any items submitted by a member of the Hospitalité to the Secretary a minimum of five days in advance of the meeting.
- The AGM will not normally consider “Any Other Business”. The inclusion of any additional item(s), not notified five days in advance to the Secretary, will only be permitted at the discretion of the chair.